Essay on Covid19 in English for Class 10
Essay on COVID-19
Corona Virus commonly known as COVID-19 is a contagious disease. It is mainly related to the illness of respiratory system in human beings. It is a disastrous virus which has impacted the entire world.
Corona virus was first identified during December, 2019 in Wuhan city of China. In March 2020, the World Health Organization declared it as a pandemic.
How it Spreads:
This virus spreads from person to person who are in close contact. It spreads by the respiratory droplets produced out of cough or sneezing of a corona affected patient.
The most common symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, dry cough and breathing problem. Besides, general debility, sore throat, muscle pain can also be the symptoms of the COVID-19 infected patient. The incubation period of COVID-19 is on average 5-6 days but can be as long as 14 days.
Most common symptoms:
- loss of taste or smell
Less common symptoms:
- sore throat
- aches and pains
- a rash on skin, or discolouration of fingers or toes
- red or irritated eyes
- difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- loss of speech or mobility, or confusion chest pain
Prevention or Precaution:
Washing hands regularly with soap, maintaining social distance, proper hygiene and cleanliness, covering nose or mouth while cough or sneezing and wearing masks are some of the preventions to this virus. Efficacy against severe COVID-19 is the most important, since hospitalizations and deaths are a public health burden whose prevention is a priority. These are the some authorised and approved vaccines for COVID-19 ( Covaxin, Moderna vaccine, Pfizer–BioNTech vaccine, Johnson & Johnson vaccine, CoronaVac ).
To prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Maintain a safe distance from others (at least 1 metre), even if they don’t appear to be sick.
- Wear a mask in public, especially indoors or when physical distancing is not possible.
- Choose open, well-ventilated spaces over closed ones. Open a window if indoors.
- Clean your hands often. Use soap and water, or an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Get vaccinated when it’s your turn. Follow local guidance about vaccination.
- Cover your nose and mouth with your bent elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Stay home if you feel unwell.
Properly fitted masks can help prevent the spread of the virus from the person wearing the mask to others. Masks alone do not protect against COVID-19, and should be combined with physical distancing and hand hygiene.
Corona virus has been the worldwide issue these days. It is a big challenge for the entire world. We should come together to bring an end to this virus.
Download in Assamese: Click Here